We have an excellent transition programme that ensures all students that are coming to the Academy feel happy, feel safe, and feel confident being in the Academy. Our Transition model at the Academy is based on 4 areas of strength: Teacher-Led transition, Student-Led Transition, both Teacher and Student-Led transition and many opportunities to visit the Academy on transition Days. We have very strong links with our partner primary schools and schools start visiting the Academy in Year 3 to undertake Transition projects.
“The excellent transition programme at Co-op Academy Stoke-on-Trent has ensured a smooth and effective move for all our pupils.”
Mrs Hewitt Vice Principal Saint Nathaniel’s Academy.
Projects include the following…
- Numeracy & Literacy Master Classes are held weekly for pupils.
- The Co-op Young Leaders support, plan and deliver after-school clubs at partner primary schools.
- Pupils participate in numerous lessons, including ICT, Science, Music, Spanish, Maths, Literacy STEM projects and Accelerated Readers
- Pupils have opportunities to participate in sports festivals, teambuilding days, cycling days and World Book days.
- Pupils enjoy our Annual Christmas Party for Year 3 children and Pantomime visits.
- Arts & Book evenings where parents can meet and chat with other parents and Year 5/6 Discos for the new pupils to meet new classmates.
“I was worried about starting at the Academy at first but all of the extra transition visits really made me feel happy and I became excited about starting at the academy.”
Hiba Year 8