Teacher Led Transition
Friendly Faces Programme is where former primary school teachers of current Year 7 visit the Academy and undertake learning walks and spend either the morning or afternoon seeing the current Year 7 students in their new setting.
Literacy provision leading to a Year 5-8 curriculum; Literacy Primary Group met termly to establish group; Literacy learning walks; English teachers visiting primary on a two weekly basis to work in classes in literacy lessons. Literacy two weekly programmes of visits from primary schools.
- Numeracy provision working towards Year 5 -8 curriculum currently 4 schools come in on a fortnightly basis with Year 5/6 students; Maths staff offering Gifted and Talented or booster classes.
- Spanish Lessons are delivered on a weekly basis by Academy teaching staff and are supported by our Modern Foreign languages Leaders
- Music lessons at the academy for Key Stage 2 on a fortnightly basis-link to curriculum themes eg samba drumming for Rio Olympics theme.
- Online safety training for primary school staff at CAS.
- Gifted and Talented coordinators transition work with primary staff/Learning Walks/Sharing SOWs n GRIDS for learning.
- Extended SEN support May – July for students needing extra support, on a weekly basis visit academy and work with other primary classes.
- SEN/CIN meetings for new intake held with staff and agencies in May.