“The vision of the Numeracy Faculty is to develop enthusiastic mathematicians who demonstrate resilience and independence when tackling challenging problems that contribute to their understanding of the universe.”
- Develop mathematical fluency, reasoning and problem solving.
- Show how mathematics is relevant in the real world
- Build on the knowledge learners bring to the lesson.
- Expose and discuss common misconceptions.
- Use effective questioning to enhance learning.
- Emphasise methods rather than answers.
- Expose connections between mathematical topics.
- Develop co-operation in lessons through peer study
- Use ICT to enhance learning.