The Academy Way
In our academy, we have high expectations for all our students. We believe that all our students should ‘Be the Best.’
In order to achieve this, we expect all our lessons to have the following structure.
- All students will line up sensibly before they quietly enter the classroom. The teacher will stand at the doorway and greet each member of the class on entry, checking uniform meets expectations.
- KS3 classes will have a seating plan approved by the Head of Department.
- Every member of the class will quietly stand behind their chairs following entry to the classroom.
- The teacher will welcome the class; the students will then sit down and begin the starter activity, while classroom administration is completed.
- The register will be answered formally with Yes Miss/Yes Sir.
- Students will speak respectfully at all times.
- Staff will gain whole class attention using a preferred method and will not continue until that attention is gained.
- C1/C2/C3 and Redlines will be recorded onto SIMS.
- Latecomers will be asked for an apology and then further challenged at an appropriate time in the lesson.
- Standards in the classroom (1-3) will be reviewed at the end of the lesson.
- On exit from the classroom, students will stand quietly behind their chairs until dismissed.